Azibo Credit Boost – Additional Terms for Tenants
Azibo’s Credit Boost service (“Credit Boost”) allows tenants to have their rent payments reported to one or more credit reporting agencies (“CRAs”).
1. Credit Boost Service
- By signing up for Credit Boost you are giving Azibo permission to report rent payments made via the Azibo platform to certain CRAs.
- You must pay rent via Azibo to participate in Credit Boost. (Paying rent via Azibo may require an invitation from your landlord.) The rent payment data displayed in our Services only reflects Azibo’s transaction records – it does not represent any CRA’s records. While we generally report rent payments on a monthly basis, we do not control whether or how quickly those payments are included in your credit history.
- Azibo is an independent company – we are not a credit bureau or affiliated with any CRA and we do not control how CRAs calculate credit scores or collect, store, manage, use, modify, disseminate and distribute reported data. (Please look at the individual terms and policies of each CRA for that information.)
- Azibo reports rent payments that are made on time and in full during the Credit Boost subscription term. However, your landlord or others may separately report rent payments, including late payments and non-payment. In addition, once rent payments have been reported to a CRA, your credit history can be negatively impacted if rent payment reporting stops or is inconsistent, including because of a termination of your use of the Credit Boost service.
- Azibo does not offer any guarantee that it will report to any particular CRA(s).
- Credit Boost does not extend credit to tenants – it simply reports on rent payments. If we deny or terminate you use of Credit Boost, this is not a denial of credit.
- Credit Boost is not a credit repair service and does not offer any legal, tax or financial advice. We cannot guarantee any improvement in credit scores.
- We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the data on your credit report or how quickly new information will appear on your credit report.
2. Subscriptions and Fees
Credit Boost is available as a monthly subscription, with each subscription period starting on the 10th of each month.
We charge a monthly fee for Credit Boost. The fee will be billed to the payment method you select on the 10th of each month. When we say “bill” or “billing” we mean either a charge or debit against your payment method (e.g., ACH or credit card charge). Credit Boost fees are paid directly to Azibo as compensation for the Credit Boost service.
3. Recurring Billing and Billing Period
By signing up for Credit Boost, you agree that Credit Boost will be automatically renewed (subject to applicable law) on the 10th of each month at the then-current price. Unless and until you cancel the Credit Boost service or your account is suspended or terminated pursuant to the Terms, Credit Boost will automatically renew on a recurring monthly basis.
The billing period for Credit Boost is monthly, starting on the 10th of each month.
You can cancel Credit Boost at any time by logging into your Azibo account and following the instructions on your account page. Your cancellation is processed immediately, but we do not give refunds for any fees we have already billed. We will continue to report any rent that is paid on time and in full during the remainder of that subscription period.
You can cancel must cancel before 11:59 p.m. Pacific time on the 9th day of the month in order to avoid being charged for the next month. Free trials may have different rules for cancellation – please see the Free Trial section below.
Credit Boost payments are nonrefundable. If you cancel the Credit Boost service, stop paying rent via Azibo, fail to pay rent in full or on time, or your account is otherwise suspended or terminated, you will not receive a credit or refund for Credit Boost fees already billed, including for partial months.
6. Free Trials
We may offer free trials of Credit Boost, subject to specific terms provided when you sign up. Azibo reserves the right to determine eligibility for free trials, which may vary based on multiple factors. Certain limitations may also exist with respect to combining free trials with any other offers.
If you cancel during a free trial or while using a promotional code or other credits, cancellation may be effective immediately. If you wish to avoid charges to your payment method, you must cancel Credit Boost prior to midnight Pacific Time on the last day of your free trial period.
To the extent permitted by law, you may not receive a notice that your free trial is ending, or that your paid subscription is beginning.
7. Additional Limits on our Liability
- Azibo is not liable for any negative impacts related to Credit Boost, including if you stop using Credit Boost or you have inconsistent reporting.
- You hereby agree to hold Azibo harmless against any claims related to Credit Boost, the reported information, CRAs and their use of reported information (all subject to the Credit Reporting Dispute Resolution Policy and the Fair Credit Reporting Act).
We will attempt to give you advance email notice of any such price changes before your next billing cycle, but we will not be able to notify you of any changes in applicable taxes. If you do not wish to accept a fee change, you may cancel Credit Boost in accordance with these Additional Terms.
9. Suspension and Termination
We may suspend or terminate your use of Credit Boost for any reason or no reason, at any time, with or without advance notice to you.
Without limiting the broad rights in the prior sentence, Azibo may also suspend or terminate your Credit Boost subscription if, for two consecutive months, you fail to pay rent via Azibo, you fail to pay rent in full or on time or your payment method is declined.
You can dispute incorrect entries on your credit report under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. § 1681 (“FCRA”). For more information, please see https://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/documents/bcfp_consumer-rights-summary_2018-09.pdf.
If you believe the rent payment information on your credit report is incorrect, you can file a dispute directly with the CRA. If you send us a written request to [email], we will also assist you in investigating any information reported by Azibo.
Your written request must provide: (a) your name; (b) your contact information, including the address of the property for which we are reporting rent payments; (c) your Landlord’s name; and (d) a brief description of the disputed information. After we receive this information, we will investigate and follow the requirements of the FCRA.
11. Notice To California Residents
If you are a California resident, under California Civil Code § 1789.3, you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Reporting Service of the California Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 in order to resolve a complaint regarding Credit Boost.