October 10, 2022
This Privacy Notice describes how Azibo Inc. (“we” or “Azibo”) collects, uses, discloses, or otherwise processes information we collect when you access this website or any of our applications, apply or sign up for a Azibo account, or otherwise use any services available through Azibo’s websites or applications that link to this Privacy Notice (collectively, “Services”). This Privacy Notice applies to landlords, landlords’ vendors (such as property managers or contractors), and renters using our Services.
This Privacy Notice applies to Azibo. When you interact with other entities through Azibo, such as buying insurance from a third-party carrier, other privacy policies may apply.
Our Privacy Notice explains:
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
THIRD-PARTY ANALYTICS SERVICES
HOW LONG WE KEEP INFORMATION
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Information You Provide
We collect information you voluntarily provide to us. For instance, we collect information when you make a request to receive information about Azibo or our Services; directly apply or sign up for a Azibo account, insurance through Azibo, or other Services; go through our identity or account verification process; authenticate into your account; communicate with us; link a bank account to your Azibo account; open an Azibo bank account as a landlord; and answer our surveys, upload content, make payments, or otherwise interact with us or the Services.
Specifically, we may collect the following categories of information about you:
- Financial information, such as bank account information and payment card numbers;
- Identification Information, such as:
- Name, email address, postal address, signature, date of birth, and phone number;
- Passport number, driver’s license number, Social Security number, Taxpayer Identification number, or other government-issued identification number;
- Tax information, such as withholding allowances and tax filing status.
- Transaction information, such as information about rent or other payments you make or receive, like the names of the transacting parties, a description of the transactions, the payment or transfer amounts, billing and shipping information, and the devices and payment methods used to complete the transactions. As explained below, this type of information may also be collected through your use of the Services.
- Other Information You Provide, such as information about a property you own or manage or where you live; information about leases; survey responses; participation in contests, promotions, or other prospective marketing forms or devices; suggestions for improvements; referrals; or any other actions you perform on the Services.
Information We Collect from Your Use of the Services
When you use our Services, we may collect information related to your use of the Services. For instance, we may collect:
- Commercial information, such as information about properties you own or manage (e.g., property address, estimated value, and lease information) when you use our Services as a landlord and information about the property you rent (e.g., your address, lease information, and your landlord’s information) when you use our Services as a renter;
- Transaction Information, such as information about rent or other payments you make or receive, like the names of the transacting parties, a description of the transactions, the payment or transfer amounts, billing and shipping information, and the devices and payment methods used to complete the transactions; and
We (and other entities) also automatically collect or infer information relating to your interactions with us and our Services, including the following categories of information:
- Electronic information, such as web browser and device characteristics;
- Location data, which includes the location of your device. For more information and to learn how to disable collection of location information from your mobile device, please see the Location Information section below;
- Online identifiers, including information you use to log in to your account), Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and unique personal identifiers (including device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; and other identifiers);
- Professional information, such as information you provide about your business (e.g., property address, estimated value and lease information); and
- Inferences drawn from any of the information above that may reflect, for example, your preferences, characteristics, and behavior, including for account security purposes or to enhance our Services to you.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We also may collect information about you from third parties. For example, we may collect the following categories of information from third parties:
- Background check information, such as identity verification information.
- Credit, compliance, and fraud information, including account or credit-related information from any credit reporting agency, and other information used for fraud prevention purposes.
- Information from other Azibo users. For instance, if you provide services (such as repair or property management services) to landlords that use our Services, we may collect information about you from the landlord. As another example, if you are a renter using our Services, we may collect information about you from your landlord to help you pay rent. We may also collect information about landlords from renters. Information from third-party data suppliers, such as information used for marketing.
We may combine any information received from a third party with information that you provide to us directly or that we collect from other sources.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect, use, and share information about you for any lawful reason, including the following reasons:
Performing, Improving, and Developing our Services
- Delivering our products and Services and supporting your requests, including to collect rent, fees, and other payments, process insurance quotes and applications or provide insurance, or provide assistance for your use of our Services or your Azibo account;
- Operating, maintaining, and improving our products and Services;
- Developing new products and services;
- Processing or recording payment transactions or money transfers;
- Doing internal research, measuring, tracking, and analyzing trends and usage; and
- Otherwise providing you with Azibo products and features.
Communicating with You
- Responding to your requests;
- Sending you surveys and getting your feedback about our products and Services;
- Providing information about and promoting our products and Services to you; and
- Sending you information we think may be of interest to you.
Protecting our Services
- Complying with the applicable laws, regulations, legal requirements, and industry standards;
- Contacting you to resolve disputes, collect fees, and help you with our products and Services;
- Maintaining the quality, safety, and security of our products and Services, such as debugging to identify and fix errors that impair how our Services function;
- Addressing potential or actual fraud, misrepresentations, security breaches or incidents, other similar activities;
- Protecting the rights of you or others or the security or integrity of our products and Services;
- Verifying your identity (e.g., through government-issued identification numbers).
Advertising and Marketing
- Marketing our products and Services to you; and
- Communicating with you updates, promotions, or other information offered by select partners we think may be of interest to you.
If we send you marketing emails, each email will have instructions on how you can “opt out” of getting future email marketing from us.
To learn about what choices you have about digital advertising, please refer to the Digital Advertising section below.
- With your consent; and
- For any other reason we may tell you about from time to time.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share the information described in the Information We Collect section with other parties, including the following categories of service providers and third parties:
Individuals or Companies with Whom You Interact through Azibo
- With other users of our Services with whom you interact through your own use of our Services. For example, when you access our Services as a renter, we may share information with your landlord when you make a payment, appointment, or money transfer using our Services. Similarly, when you access our Services as a landlord, we may share information with your vendors and renters for the purpose of providing our Services to you.
- With others who are not Azibo users, if you use Azibo to interact with them. For example, if you pay rent to a landlord who is not on Azibo, some information will be shared to facilitate the payment.
With our Affiliates, Joint Venture Partners, and Group Companies
- With our group companies, joint venture partners, and corporate affiliates we have now or may have in the future. For example, we may share your information internally to understand how you engage with Azibo company products to help make our Services better.
With our Service Providers and Partners
- With service providers who help us provide, maintain, and improve our Services (e.g., vendors who help us with fraud prevention, identity verification, and fee collection services).
- With partners such as financial institutions, payment networks, payment card associations, credit bureaus, insurance brokers, lenders, and other third-party entities that help us provide our Services or other products and services you use.
- With service providers that help us run our advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities.
For Research and Reporting
- With unaffiliated third parties, we may share information about properties or rental units, but not information about individual renters or landlords. This information may include lease, payment, and insurance information, and may be used for activities like market research, analysis, insights, and reporting.
For Business Transfers and Corporate Changes
- To an actual or potential subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of all or part of our assets.
- For instance, if we do or try to do a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring (including during due diligence and negotiation of these); the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets; the financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business; or other corporate change, we may share the information we have collected about you.
For Safety and Compliance with Law
With Your Consent
- With your consent. For example:
- At your direction or as described at the time you agree to share; or
- When you authorize a third-party application or website to access your information.
Finally, we may share aggregated or deidentified information without limitation.
THIRD-PARTY ANALYTICS SERVICES
- To learn more about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you visit or use our Services, please visit Google’s Privacy and Terms. To learn how to opt out of Google Analytics, please visit Google Analytics Help.
We may partner with ad networks and other ad service providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve advertisements on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated platforms and services. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Services and other sites and applications over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as “interest-based advertising.”
You may see certain ads about us on other websites because we use third-party services to advertise our services to you. For instance, we may use services offered by Advertising Providers to target our ads to you and others based on your interests and context.
You have certain choices about the collection, use, and sharing of information for interest-based advertising:
- To make choices about the use of information for interest-based advertising on websites, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance Webchoices tool to learn more and opt out for companies participating in industry self-regulation. If you opt out of interest-based advertising using this method, this opt-out will only apply to the specific browser from which you opt out.
- To make choices about the use of information for interest-based advertising on mobile apps, please download the AppChoices application. This application can be downloaded from your mobile device at www.aboutads.info/appchoices or from your device’s app store. If you opt out of interest-based advertising using this method, this opt-out will only apply to the specific device from which you opt out.
- On your mobile device, you may also go to your device settings and select “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices), or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (for Android devices), which will allow you to limit the use of information collected from or about your mobile device for interest-based advertising.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We generally keep your information as long as reasonably necessary to provide you Services or to comply with applicable law. However, when you no longer use our Services, we may retain information we have collected as we believe is reasonably necessary for our business purposes or as consistent with applicable law.
Accessing and Updating Information
When you have an Azibo account, you may be able to access, change, or correct information that you have provided by logging into your Azibo account or by making a request to us using the contact details below. We may need to verify your identity before granting access or otherwise changing or correcting your information.
Deactivating Your Account
If you wish to deactivate your account, you can do so by logging into your Azibo account or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to provide certain Services, we may request access to location information, including precise geolocation information collected from your device. If you do not consent to the collection of this information, certain Services will not function properly. You may be able to stop our collection of certain location information by changing the preferences on your mobile device or by installing our applications. However, if you do so, some of our Services may no longer function.
You can opt out of receiving promotional email messages from Azibo by following the instructions in those messages. If you decide to opt out of email promotions, we may still send you non-promotional email communications about our transactions or relationship, such as digital receipts and messages about your account or our ongoing business relations. You may also be able to change your message preferences through your Azibo account. You may opt out of text messages from Azibo at any time, such as by replying STOP to any of our messages.
We take measures to protect the information we collect. Nevertheless, the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, and we cannot guarantee the security of the transmission or storage of the information we collect.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time by posting a revised version and updating the “Effective Date” above. The revised version will be effective on the “Effective Date” listed.
You can contact our privacy team with any questions or concerns at either the physical or email addresses below.
Azibo Inc., 1601 Lewis St., Reno, NV 89502