Why Landlords Should Use Azibo for Online Rental Applications
Navigating the rental application process can be difficult — especially when real estate investors are trying to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. To help optimize this process, Azibo offers a comprehensive solution for online rental applications, integrated in our all-in-one property management platform.
In this article, we’ll explore the features and benefits of Azibo's innovative approach to managing rental applications, and provide a step-by-step guide on getting started.
Azibo rental applications: An overview
Azibo allows property owners to create an application for a rental unit, review applicants side by side, select the most qualified candidates, and request background checks to make an informed decision. Best of all, Azibo reduces the expense of finding great tenants, as our online rental application solution is available at no cost to landlords.
What’s included in Azibo rental applications?
Azibo’s rental application form is quite robust and includes standard fields used by most landlords and property managers. That helps ensure your application complies with fair housing laws and won’t accidentally include questions that are illegal to ask prospective tenants.
The Azibo application form allows you to gather and securely store the following information from prospective tenants:
- Personal information: Including contact information, date of birth, desired unit and move-in date, and rental preferences (e.g., pets, smoking, number of residents, etc.).
- Rental history: Including current and past addresses, landlord references, and the reason for moving.
- Income and employment details: Including current and past employers, job titles, and monthly income.
- Tenant screening (optional): Including the option to require background checks, which feature a full credit report, identity validation, nationwide criminal history, and eviction records. Azibo has partnered with TransUnion to offer background checks. Note that if landlords choose to require background checks, applicants undergoing the screenings will be charged a one-time fee of $39.99.
Applicants can easily upload required documents (e.g., proof of income, government-issued ID, etc.), which will be stored in Azibo for you to reference at any time.
Benefits of Azibo rental applications
With Azibo’s online rental applications, landlords and prospective tenants can enjoy a seamless rental application experience.
Fast, efficient processing
Online rental applications can be completed, submitted, and processed much faster than paper-based forms, helping to reduce the timeline for finding new tenants and minimize vacancies. Azibo also saves time by eliminating physical paperwork and sending landlords instant notifications when a new application is submitted.
Manage applications from afar
Online applications are especially useful for landlords who own properties in multiple locations or manage long-distance properties, as they can review applicants from anywhere without having to arrange in-person meetups.
Improved organization and security
Landlords can sort and manage all applications and tenant details in one place, making it easier to compare applicants and keep track of prospective renters. Azibo’s secure platform also protects applicants’ personal information, in compliance with data privacy regulations.
Integrated property management
Azibo’s rental applications are fully integrated with our other rental solutions, including tenant screening, rent collection, accounting, property insurance, and more — allowing landlords to manage all aspects of the rental property process within the same platform.
Seamless tenant experience
Azibo’s online rental applications provide a modern online application process for prospective tenants, helping to make a positive first impression and build the foundation for a strong landlord-tenant relationship.
How Azibo online rental applications work
Ready to get started with Azibo rental applications? Here’s how it works:
- If you’re already using Azibo for rent collection and property management, you’ll receive a notification when a unit vacancy is approaching. If you’re new to Azibo, start the rental application process by adding your rental property and selecting “Accepting applicants” within the unit.
- Choose whether to require a background check, which charges a one-time $39.99 fee to applicants. You can request the application and background check, application only, or background check only.
- If you have new tenants in mind, you can invite them to apply by sending the application directly via email or phone. Alternatively, you can paste the application link in your rental listing on Zillow, Facebook Marketplace, or whatever listing platform you use.
- You will be notified via email when an application has been submitted. To review applicants, navigate to the relevant rental property, then click the "Applicants" tab to view all applicants for that unit.
- Select candidates to move forward with background checks in Azibo. Additionally, consider setting up phone interviews and reference checks.
- Once you’ve chosen a tenant, approve the application and set up their lease and payment terms in Azibo. When the lease begins, tenants will pay rent in Azibo using their preferred online payment method.
Below is an example of a completed Azibo rental application, which shows self-reported rental history, income, and employment information. You’ll also be able to view the applicant’s uploaded documents, such as government-issued ID and pay stubs. If you require a background check, you’ll see the applicant's credit scores, eviction history, and criminal history.
What is the Azibo rental applications experience like for tenants?
Azibo also provides a seamless experience for prospective tenants. Applicants will either receive their application invite directly, or can click the application link within your listing.
Next, they’ll create a free Azibo account to complete the application form and/or background check. Applicants must create an account so they can save their progress, complete additional steps if needed, and view the status of their application.
If their application is approved and they are invited to sign a lease and start paying rent, they will do so from the same Azibo account used for the application.
Azibo: All-in-one property management platform
Azibo provides the simplest way for real estate investors to manage rental properties, with solutions for tenant applications and screening, lease creation, rent collection, accounting, insurance, and more in one convenient place — while also providing an excellent tenant experience.
Landlords can manage their entire rental business in one platform, with one login — for free. That’s right — Azibo offers the following real estate solutions at no cost to property owners:
- Rental applications: Easily screen the right tenant for properties with the information that is most important to a landlord
- Tenant screening*: Verify quality tenants with access to full candidate screenings, including a credit check, criminal background check, and eviction reports.
- Custom lease agreements: Azibo’s state-specific rental lease agreements allow landlords to stay compliant and invite tenants to sign online versus hiring an attorney or using an additional third party platform.
- Simplified rent collection**: Help tenants pay rent on time with flexible payment options including ACH bank transfer, debit card, credit card, or paper check.
- Financial management: Optimizes finances with the only accounting and tax prep tools designed for real estate investors.
- Affordable property insurance: Offers transparency and speed in the rental property insurance process, helping landlords get the right coverage at the right price. Azibo customers have seen up to a 25% savings on their portfolio.
- Tenant resources: One of Azibo’s differentiators is the value we provide to tenants as well as landlords. In addition to flexible online payment methods and access to comprehensive renters insurance, we empower renters to improve their credit score through our Credit Boost rent reporting tool.
Learn more about Azibo’s pricing and business model — and why we are able to offer our platform at no cost to landlords.
*Azibo tenant screening services are free for landlords, but prospective renters undergoing a background check through Azibo pay a one-time fee of $39.99 per application.
*Tenants who choose to pay rent via debit or credit card through Azibo are charged a 2.99% transaction fee.
Kickstart seamless rental applications today
Embracing technology is key to success in today’s real estate market. Simplify rental applications and property management with our all-in-one platform. With Azibo, you’ll save time, increase efficiency, and get peace of mind.
Get started with Azibo online rental applications today.